Vikasana is a rural non-formal center for education. It is located at Tathguni Village, in South Bangalore on the bustling Kanakapura Road.
Vikasana was started in 1977 by M.C. Malathi as a result of her training experience with David Horsburgh. She has devoted her life to teaching and working with rural children.
Vikasana means ‘blossoming’ and it aims at :
– free education to the rural poor.
– providing holistic and quality education
– emphasis on self learning
– helping students choose the career after their education
– facilitating a resource center for non-formal education.
– bringing awareness of tree planing and maintaining ecological balance.
– providing education for peace and not for competition.